Put it on the ‘Gram: Using Instagram as a Tool to Connect with Your Community
Using a social media as a way to promote your library can sometimes seem daunting or overwhelming. But using Instagram can be a powerful advocacy tool, and it doesn’t have to take a ton of your time to keep up with it. I’ll share strategies for coming up with posts, reaching out to your community and planning ahead so that you don’t have to constantly worry about what to post when. I’ll share examples from my own library Instagram account (@TPrepLibrary) and show you how I plan and schedule posts once a week. I’ll also share some great IG accounts to follow for more ideas and inspiration. Whether you’ve never been on IG or you’re a seasoned Bookstagrammer, you’ll come away from this session with new ideas to try.
My Tampa Prep Instagram account – @TPrepLibrary
My Personal/Professional Instagram account – @DianaLRendina
IG accounts I recommend following:
- The Power of Instagram to Connect With Students
- 20+ Ideas for Awesome Instagram Posts
- How to Create a Physical Instagram Display (AASL Knowledge Quest)
- Canva – Great for creating graphics
- Planoly – Fantastic tool for planning and scheduling IG posts. Free version works great for most needs.
- Selfie Stick/Tripod Combo – I haven’t used this one yet, but it comes highly recommended by the NYT Wirecutter