Learn how to reimagine your library space & transform student learning
When I first became a school librarian in 2010, I got my start in a middle school library that had been neglected for years. I had no budget for furniture or supplies, but I still persevered in finding a way to update and transform the space. Fast forward seven years and that library looked completely different. In Reimagining Library Spaces: Transform Your Space on Any Budget, I share what I learned along the way. In this book, you’ll get an overview of different learning space design theories and how they apply to libraries. You’ll get practical advice and exercises to bring student and community voice into your space. And you’ll hear the stories of four other school librarians who transformed their elementary and high school libraries.
Click the button below to order a copy and scroll down to find resources related to the book.
Reimagining Library Spaces Posts and Resources
Learning Space Design Posts
- My Learning Space Design Resources Page
- 6 Ways to Rethink Your Library Space and Make it Amazing
- 3 Ways Whiteboard Can Make Your Space More Awesome
- How to Get Library Design Inspiration: 6 Places to Visit
- 6 Active Learning Spaces Your Library Should Have (AASL)
- How to Identify and Reframe Design Problems in Your Space (AASL)
- How to Transform Your Library Space on Any Budget (AASL)
- How to Build an Epic LEGO Wall
- LEGO Wall Round-up (for more ideas for LEGO Walls)
- How to Create a Floorplan of Your Space in Excel
- How to Create an Awesome Whiteboard Wall
These are books that I read while writing and/or referenced in Reimagining Library Spaces and they’re all amazing resources.
(Note: Page contains affiliate links. Actions taken may result in commissions for Renovated Learning)